Chris Bates offers a strong property tax consulting background (over 25 years) involving successful valuation techniques and effective negotiation skills. He has successfully reduced assessments for virtually every type of residential and commercial real estate and has experience with complicated tangible personal property returns.
Chris Bates personally prepares and presents tax appeals on behalf of all clients. Previously, he was an equal partner at a successful Florida property tax firm, and prior to that, he was the Director of Arthur Andersen LLP’s Property Tax Practice for the State of Florida. Prior to being recruited by Andersen, Bates worked for a national property tax consulting firm.
Chris Bates began his career in property taxation in 1982 and has been involved with designing and implementing local and national ad valorem tax programs for large corporations in multiple states.
Chris Bates holds an active Florida Real Estate Associate’s License and served on several board positions and held memberships, which include (ICSC) International Council of Shopping Centers, (NAIOP) National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (IPT) Institute of Property Taxation and (IAAO) International Association of Assessing Officers.
Partial Client Experience
- Publix Super Markets (2006 thru 2012)
- Swire Pacific Partners - Brickell CitiCentre
- US Foodservice (KRAFT) – Florida Distribution
- University of Central Florida (Foundation)
- Keiser University – State of Florida Campuses
- Las Olas Beach Club Condominiums – All Units
- Continental Real Estate Companies (CREC)
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Cushman & Wakefield of Florida, Inc. since 1996
- CB Richard Ellis – Southeast Florida
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels, since 2001
- Investments Limited – Palm Beach County
- John Knox Village of Florida, Inc.
- General Investment & Development Corp
- AIMCO, Apt Investment. & Mgmt. Co.
- ING Clarion Partners
- Grubb & Ellis Property Management
- Eastern National Bank – Owned and REO
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel & Convention Ctr.
- The Ritz Carlton – Ft Lauderdale Beach
- Colony Realty Partners (REIT)
- The Q-Club, Ft Lauderdale Beach Hilton
- Turnberry Associates
- Surf Rider Timeshare – Broward County
- The Atlantic Hotel & Condominium
- Public Storage/Storage USA/StorageMart
- Prudential Reatlty and Investment Advisors